All creations can be found here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/84038/
in the same structure as the labels on the right.
Even when the downloadlink in the blogpost doesn't work.

When SimFileShare is not available, please, let me know which creation(s) you wish to download!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Happy simming!

Monday, August 20, 2012

1t2 (done), 3t2 (done) and 4t2 Maxis' careers (22 of 72 beta)

Update: 2024-03-10
Current status:
The Sims 1:
Complete
The Sims 2: Obsolete
The Sims 3: Complete
The Sims 4: 22/72 (beta)


Note: Not every zipfile contains the overview of the information of every level. For all information I used, please, go here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Career


Update: 2024-02-28

This is a huge project which contains all Maxis' careers of The Sims 1, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 which are not available in The Sims 2 or its expansion packs.
In total 141 careers
(though need to check if there are doubles)
There have been +65 made.
Though some are still in beta!
More are coming as TS4 still gets new EP's
Download the available ones here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/92880/
An overview of the ones need to be made can be found in the corresponding folder.


Some notes:
- When a career was double I only created it once. E.g.: Paranormal in Sims 1 & 3 is exactly the same so then I only create it once (this is just an example. I don't know if it's true for Paranormal)
- It was hard to find good icons. I hope they're satisfactionary. I mostly use Maxis' icons, but older conversions might need an update.
--- I am planning to change these to the according Maxis' icons for the corresponding careers. Back in 2012 (and prior) they were not always available.
- It's possible you see some careers twice (E.g. Entertainment). They have different descriptions, hours, wages,... So I consider them as different careers. And the prefix 1t2, 3t2 or 4t2 is normally added.
- I used this site for all information I needed: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Career
-- If some information wasn't available, I added it myself. Since 2023 ChatGPT can really help with adding this missing information.


Credits:
All people who requested one or several of these careers
EA Games and Maxis
SimPE
This site without I couldn't create this (all information about careers SPOILER!)
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Career
(I'm not responsible for changes on this site. If something is not the same as the careers I made that's because it has been changed in the meantime.)

IMPORTANT
I do NOT  take any credit for the levels, descriptions, promotional skills needed, etc. as they are just taken from the Maxis' careers. I tried my best with everything I could not supply from the Maxis career or needed to change to The Sims 2 career interface.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you! It is great work! I hav question: these careers are multilingual?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but there are some people who applied to translate my careers. So they might be someday. Feel free to send me a translation and I will update the careers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the great project! I missed some of Sims 1 careers and I like Sims 3 careers, but it is such a small reason to install this game. Sims 2 is more suitable for my play style.

    I'd like to make Russian translation for Sims 1 and Sims 3 careers. These careers don't have chance card, so it is enough to translate job levels and their description?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for making and sharing all the Maxis careers ! That's absolutely awesome !! Do the careers appear with the game's name ? (to be clearer, when I choose a career will it appear as, for example, "music, sims 3" ?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Yana: Also the Sims 2 career don't have chance cards as I couldn't find them on the Net. So feel free to translate them too.
    There are already a lot of people who would like to translate (many different languages) and in stead of working with them by mail seperatly I will try to create a system everyone can freely translate without asking first (like with the sims 3 conversions here on S2I)

    @lila: If you use the Job Board of MogHughSon (http://bit.ly/tLUmNg) you will see indeed the game's name. If I remember correctly (this porject took me really long) it will also appear with the game's name when searching in the computer or in the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the information : I do have Mog Hugson's Job Board ! That's perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I downloaded your Sims 3 teen careers, and just now, when I tried to put one of my teen sims into the bookstore career, it threw a jump bug. (I don't play with debug mode on, so I couldn't give an error log.) I exited the lot without saving, tried some of the others, and those too gave a jump bug. As well, the career tab is empty. (Hope that makes sense.) Any idea what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you please e-mail me about this problem?
    It's much easier to help with a personal case by private e-mail than anonymously on the Internet.

    That jump bug is caused by another download not by a career. I just tried it myself and I didn't get an error.
    Can you tell me in which way you gave the sim the career (by PC, newspaper, ...)?
    The career tab is indeed empty but if you click next to the icon of the school (where the career tab should be), you will see the career information.
    I'm working on an update so the icon is visible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for these! A question, though: are some of these defaults?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noen of these are defaults. They all have a unique GUID.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for replying! Do you give me permission to default some of these then? I'll credit you and link to your site, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you upload it ONLY on my blog, then I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

For questions and help, contact me by messenger (sidebar) or on my Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/Sims2Idea
You can write your opinion about the downloads here on this blog.

Older creations