All creations can be found here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/84038/
in the same structure as the labels on the right.
Even when the downloadlink in the blogpost doesn't work.

When SimFileShare is not available, please, let me know which creation(s) you wish to download!
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Happy simming!

Monday, January 01, 2018

New Idea: The School Project

I am not really happy with the schoolsystem in game. I mean they have to do homework, but except for a scolarship if they have at least A-, there's not really a point to do homework. I mean they can have A+ and earn a scolarship but have no benefit for the rest of their lives.
So I am really busy working on several (really a lot of) teen careers in which they can choose different fields of study to earn skills that can help them get a (skill) scolarship, at college and in their future careers (also when they don't go to college).
This school project is based on the school system in Belgium as I know it today. I have been to college to become a teacher in high school so I know the school system quite well.
I know the schoolsystem in other countries can be very different from the one in Belgium, but as I am creating this for my own game, I want to create it my way.

Every field of study (teen career) will focus on one or two skills, but there will be chance cards so they earn other skills too.

The scolarships that can be earned (at least 3):
So when the sim is a good student as a child (at least A-) it can apply for a scolarship when becoming a teen and before choosing one of the field of study careers because they have to change to the school "vacation" so they can go to the career in day time.

By following the field of study career, it's necessary to "promote" to level 3 in the end. For reaching level 3 in a teen career, the teen can apply for a scolarship.

When being "promoted" to level 3 in a field of study career, the teen has between 5 and 10 skillpoints for a certain skill depending on the form of education and the field of study that has been chosen.
From the moment a teen has 8 or more skillpoints of a certain skill, the teen can apply for a scolarship.



And then there's the benefit of having so many skillpoints for 1 or 2 skills when choosing a major.


It's still a lot of work to finish this school project, but as you can read I have put a lot of thought in this idea already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For questions and help, contact me by messenger (sidebar) or on my Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/Sims2Idea
You can write your opinion about the downloads here on this blog.

Older creations